New Features in Revit 2017.1
Now that you have installed your Revit 2017.1 update, learn about the new features and enhancements.
The following post is categorized into 4 sections: Multi-Disciplinary Enhancements, Architectural Enhancements, Structural Engineering Enhancements, and MEP Enhancements.
- Dynamo Player: simplifies and streamlines the execution of Dynamo scripts in Revit.
- High resolution screen support: Using high resolution screens such as 4K monitors? Revit now supports greater picture quality and clarity.
- Import 3D shapes: import of 3D geometry from Rhino/SAT files with the ability to assign them to a Revit category.
- Energy optimization: Get fast, clear, and reliable guidance to better building energy performance for the whole design team from concept to detail and design to operation of new and existing buildings.
- Sync with Central detailed progress for Collaboration for Revit: When you use Collaboration for Revit, the Sync with Central dialog provides more detailed status messages.
- Repair a corrupt central model: In the unlikely event that your central model is corrupt, Revit detects the problem and notifies users to repair the central model.
- Model in perspective views: Modify building elements without needing to switch to an orthographic view. In a perspective view, users can add, move, copy, rotate, and align elements.
- Tag imported objects: When you import or link certain items into a model you can apply tags to items in IFC links, imported 3D shapes (SAT/Rhino) as well as some objects imported from third party add-ins.
- Railings: Type properties for the top rail and handrails can now be directly accessed from the Railing Type Properties dialog.
- LED Light Fixtures Content: LED lighting fixtures content included and ready to use in models and renderings. Renderings will take advantage of accurate LED IES files to give high quality realistic results from the LED lights in the scene
- Split structural columns and framing elements: Use the Split Element tool on structural columns and framing elements while respecting joins, justifications, and the location of hosted objects.
- Code checking for Steel Connections for Revit: The code check for AISC design was updated from the 13th to the 14th edition, and each calculation includes code references.
- Resize connected parts: Resize runs of connected fabrication parts using the Properties palette or the Edit Parts dialog.
- Exclude parts from auto fill tools: When using certain automatic fill tools, you can specify fabrication parts to be excluded.
- Change service: Easily change the service on MEP fabrication parts in a model using the Properties palette.
- Change the diameter of hanger support rod: Change the size (diameter) of a hanger support rod while maintaining accurate costing data.
- Add or modify damper: Add or remove a damper or change the damper type on fabrication parts that support built-in dampers.
- Split fabrication part: Use the Split Element tool and Split with Gap tool on any fabrication straight.
- Route and Fill tool: The Route and Fill tool now supports adding mechanical tees and pipe traps.
- Space naming: The Space Naming tool is now incorporated into Revit.
If you are interested in Revit training, visit our training page to see what Revit courses we offer. If you have not updated to Revit 2017.1, read this blog post to see how you can access and update your software.