I've seen many clients type in the command for piping part insertion and changing the elevation and routing when these commands are readily available with a simple click of a button in the Ribbon. Here are some quick Ribbon tips that are useful when completing these tasks:
1) While in the process of adding an elbow to the pipe, to change the regular elbow into a Cut Back Elbow or shorter elbow, select the “Toggle Cutback Elbow” located on the Part Insertion panel.
2) To switch a common elbow into a Pipe Bend, select the “Toggle Pipe Bends” located on the Part Insertion panel to activate it.
3) Select “Elevation & Routing” Panel and select the starting pipe elevation and either BOP, COP, TOP to start routing pipe.
4) Select “Elevation & Routing” Panel and select the Arrow down for even more Routing selections.
5) Select “Elevation & Routing” Panel and select the Arrow down on the Right side to set “Offset Connect”.
Hope this helps!